Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.hopetherainbowfairy.com.
We are owned and run by Make Believe Ideas Ltd.
What personal data we collect and why
Here at Hope the Rainbow Fairy, we know how important personal information is and we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of you and your information. All of us at Hope the Rainbow Fairy use websites and we expect our information to be treated fairly and respectfully. Because of this, we do not want to take your security lightly and will do everything we can to make sure you feel happy and safe using our services.
Below we have outlined what information we collect, how we use it and how it is stored. We hope this is clear and puts your mind at ease! If you have any questions or concerns, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When visitors leave comments on the site, where permitted, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We use the Contact Form 7 plugin to manage contact form submissions. The information is sent as email messages that only a select few are allowed to access. These messages may then be passed on to other people within the organisation so we can respond to the enquiries efficiently.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example:
How long do you keep the information?:
We do not set a particular time limit on storing contact form submissions because we may need it for future reference. If you want your information to be removed from our database, please contact us. We will remove it anytime there are concerns about your privacy.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information, except for the password, which is hidden. Passwords can be reset or generated by the administrators of the website, but the user has the right to change the password without the administrators seeing it.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
Other stored information:
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Hope the Rainbow Fairy is owned and run by Make Believe Ideas Ltd. If Make Believe Ideas Ltd, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Make Believe Ideas Ltd goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Make Believe Ideas Ltd may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Sharing your Information
We do not and will never sell or rent any of your personal data to any third party. We respect and value your personal information and will only share it with people who need to know to improve your customer experience but it will never be sold. This is our promise to you.
That being said, we do share your information with the following people as part of us providing our services to you:
- We supply your information to employees, contractors and affiliated organisations that –
- need to know that information in order to process it on Hope the Rainbow Fairy behalf or to provide services available at Hope the Rainbow Fairy websites.
- have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Hope the Rainbow Fairy websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
- We disclose personal information in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Hope the Rainbow Fairy or Make Believe Ideas Ltd believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Hope the Rainbow Fairy, third parties or the public at large.
- We may provide third parties with aggregated by anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We may collect statistics about how you use our website, via Google Analytics. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, we will not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Google Web Fonts
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
Changes to How we Protect Your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Hope the Rainbow Fairy website or other Hope the Rainbow Fairy services or by some other means of contact such as email so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use Hope the Rainbow Fairy.
Last Updated: 11/05/20